Saturday 29 March 2014

A bivouac shelter for Mr Ataera

                 Bivouac Shelter for Mr Ataera                                        


By Liv
It was a long first day, time seeming to drag on forever. We were still recovering from what seemed like the nine hour tramp when a surprise guest arrived.  We were all very excited when Mr Ataera appeared from out of the car.

Not long after he arrived, he decided he would take me, Zoe, Eleanor, Zech, Finn, Angus and Charlotte out on a challenge to make him a bivouac shelter to sleep in. At first I didn’t actually think he was going to sleep in it.

It got darker and darker and Mr Ataera’s bivouac shelter was still not finished...


Thank you for coming on camp with us Mr Ataera! We really enjoyed it.

                                                                                                ~ From Room 20





Night Line
By Josh
In pitch darkness I walked up a hill, through the trees . My only guidance was a rope, twisting and turning into the black. I couldn’t see. Ahead of me was unknown, behind me unseeable smashed branches and to my left and to my right danger. And then the rope was gone, my fingers were left hanging in thin air and I was alone stuck in the wild, grasping for the rope, my only hope.
~Josh



Nightline

By Livvy

Night,
Has been painting again
All colour
Has gone
The familiar
Is now unfamiliar
The world around
Me
Is now splattered
In an inky black coat
I have to fumble
And touch
And listen
Sight, you see
Has completely deserted me

I clasp the rope tightly
My only assistance
- Lose it
And I’m lost forever
I can’t go on
I must go on
Keep stumbling
And feeling
I pull
I push
Brush branches from my eyes


Now night is resting
Sprawled flat above us
He is tired you see
Painting is so hard
I glance up at him
His cloak is covered in tiny holes
Little pricks of light are peeping through
He is helping me climb
I can faintly glimpse
My surroundings

My hands are sore and scratched
Must get to the top
Does this rope ever end?
I need to see
Something
Anything
I’ve done it!
I am here!
I’ve finished!
The rope trails away
Back down through the bush

Now I can see night at his fullest
The roof of trees has parted
His cloak is stained and smudgy
He has been very busy
And though all I’m seeing is
Merely,
A tatty old cloak

It takes my breath away
                                                           ~Livvy

1 comment: