Saturday 29 March 2014

Knotted up Team Building


Knots
By Finn Mit

OUCH! I stood there with my arms twisted round behind me, as stretched as a rubber band, desperately clutching the hands of two people who were stuck in the seething knot of humanity. Everybody was talking at once. It was like a hive of bees. An “Aaron, you need to go over here and then under here!”, and a “Florence, come around here and turn around”. Then, above all the blabber, May’s voice rang “EVERYBODY! WE NEED TO BE QUIET, LISTEN TO EACH OTHER, AND WORK TOGETHER!” The talk died down. Not completely, but enough so that she could be heard. “OK, now who has an idea that could help?”. I tried to put my hand up, but remembered what we were doing. All knotted up, connected to different, random people and not allowed to let go. Now we just had to unknot ourselves. Which was a lot harder than it sounded. So instead I just shouted out “ my arms are being pulled out of their sockets!”. So I went  under somebody, and ducked back up in the middle of the chaos, and the unknotting continued.
~ Finn

All knotted up!

 
By Ela
It felt like I had 6 arms. Actually, only 2 of them were mine, the other 4 belonged to the several other people I was knotted up with. The reason we were all knotted up like this was that we were doing a team building activity, in which we all joined hands with other people on the other side of the circle we were forming. this wasn’t going to work. for one thing, my group had somehow ended up as two, interwinding circles, for another, we were so tangled up none of us could move properly.
~ Ela
Knots
By Charlotte
Standing there is a bit daunting looking at these people confused and ready to let go their partner's hand. Looking at each other carelessly not knowing what to do. Then someone  speaks up and says “Well if you go there, and you go there, then, blah, blah, blah.” Sorry my ears weren't turned on.. Then I look over my shoulder and Livvy was free so were starting to get some progress thats good. All this time thinking and
waiting I am still stuck .It felt like two hours until we were done so some how we got to two groups that was weird but we came down smack bam first!!!I All hurt, but we got there in the end
~Charlotte






Knots
By Zoe
There were arms everywhere, some people were even bending down for people to step over them.
Wait!, Ow! and No! are the only things I could hear, when suddenly, someone said my name. My head snapped to the side, scanning the group of people that was my team. It was Finn.
“Okay, can you duck under Ela’s arm and then step over Charlotte’s arm?” I frowned in concentration, doing as he said.
~ Zoe

2 comments:

  1. ​This was a very challenging activity every one in the team had to be really patient. The skills of it were teamwork, by us all working together. The skills of it were teamwork, by us all working together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that teamwork is one of the most important qualities in this activity because you needed to listen to one another! This activity also required patience and good listening skills, I think that it was a fun activity and it really helped everyone with class bonding!

    ReplyDelete