Saturday 29 March 2014

Cold Dip




Cold Dip

By Michael
The water sloshed inside my shoes as I trudged along at the bottom of the deep dark chasm I took a temporary look up to see a magnificent pool with a series of splashes going on in it. Later I realized it was people jumping into the pool. I got overrun by the thought of swimming.  
I leaped into the air and landed in the freezing water, the cold hit as a stream of cold coursed through my veins. With adrenaline and all my dieing strength I leaped out of the water and landed in the shallows. I scrambled out and the big question hit me, why was I jumping in the freezing cold water in the first place?
~Michael

Submerged
By Liv


The bitter water stared up at me with a cold glare, begging me to hop in. Gingerly I stepped into the chilled rushing stream, an icy blast rocketing up me. Shivering, I took another snail paced step towards the enormous rock looming above us. I was eager to jump off but I just wasn’t quite sure. I had already had a swim in the intense water and wasn’t sure if I was up for any more just yet...

My numb feet felt glued to the rough rugged rock. With slight hesitation I escalated my legs into the air. Everything began to turn into slow motion as I plunged into the deep blue below. The sensation climbed up my  legs, pulling me down deeper and deeper. I floated up to the surface, gasping for air. There were a few more classmates submerging as I paddled to the side clambering out of the never ending, down reaching water. Entering the earth again...

~Liv



Swimming in the Chasm


By Zac
Shock consumes my body, as my head dunks into the ice like water. Now nine of us have dared to jump into the chilled water in the spectacular chasm. A gripping cold takes hold of my body, leaving me shivering in the freezing water with goose bumps covering me all over. I get changed and start the long cold walk back.
~Zac

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete