Sunday 30 March 2014

Stories with Mr Moor


Amazing time with Mr Moor
By Katie
I still remember him in my head
His looks, his voice, his amazing stories
His black gumboots covered with mud,
His crazy knotty hair among his shoulders.
We laughed together
We felt sad together
Sharing our amazing stories
Everyone putting their hands
Up high like trying to reach the clouds
In front of the fire
Curling like a cat
It was the best time ever!

                                            Thank you Mr Moor!  ~ Katie



The Fire

By May


Blazing, burning wood
I don’t know how we would
Survive without the camp fire


Luxurious, loving fire
Climbing higher and higher
We did all love the camp fire


Soft, scorching heat
That made our hearts beat
Our cheeks red from the camp fire


Blazing, burning wood
I don’t know how we would
Survive without the camp fire

                                                      May

Fire
By Emma


Huddled,
we feed
off the heat
the burning
of the fire


Hands
numb with
bitter cold.
Stretch
forever nearer
to the
Blaze


Swaying
Dancing
Pulling us closer
Drawing,
us in


Cold,
is easier to handle
with a fire.
Lighting
our nights.
Guiding
our way through
the darkness.
                                                                              ~ Emma



Rainy night
By Abel
I sprint up the steep hill, each heavy raindrop a bullet firing me down. Once I ascend to the top I realise I cannot see a spec of light anywhere. Shivering I shout “Someone give me a bloody torch!”. Everyone was glad to be out of torrential rain, so no one had a torch to spare. I knew I had to take the dangerous route through all the guy ropes. Tripping up twice I finally made it and flopped into my tent, preparing for the long cold night ahead.
~ Abel


No comments:

Post a Comment