Sunday 30 March 2014

Lovely Roast Dinner or Two




A Lovely Roast Dinner or Two
By Mirella
It was our third night at camp. Wafting through the air was the smell of Roast Beef, with a side of peas potatoes, carrots and gravy. The aroma was so strong, I could just taste it on the tip of my tongue. The system was simple to get the food too. Go in the kitchen with an empty plate, come out the other end with a plate full of food. Simple. I walked with a slight smile out towards the small cluster of chatting classmates waiting to be plated with decadent food. I found my legs taking me to my friend, Marina, who was standing outside the buzzing crowd. Once we were plated, we started to dig in to our meals with delight. The atmosphere was buzzing with anticipation of what was going to happen the next day, when all this ‘adventuring’  would come to an end. Apart from the clitter clatter of cutlery knocking against our plates, you could practically hear a pin drop. As we finished off our food, we slowly migrated towards the water filled sinks to wash our dishes. Finally, we walked, stuffed with food to our tents.
Waiting for sleep to visit us that night.

                                                                                                                                          ~Mirella


                                                               Pot of gold


By William
The Plastic wrapped treasure lay there, waiting to be grabbed. Spotlights flickered across the ground as I froze like a spider, ready to strike. My hand darted like lightning and when the bright light shone on the patch of grass.
The treasure was gone.
~ William

No comments:

Post a Comment